MasterCard® at EKC
EKC is proud to partner with CUETS® Financial, the dominant credit union MasterCard® credit card issuer in Canada. You get the purchasing power of a worldwide credit card, while knowing that EKC is protecting your interests.
Whether you're a student on a budget, an East Kootenay resident who loves to travel or someone who wants the freedom to choose your own rewards, there's a MasterCard to meet your needs. For more information, or to apply for a MasterCard in person, please visit any branch of EKC.
EKadvice on Credit Cards
EKadvice articles are in PDF format.
SecureCode Service for increased security with MasterCard®
SecureCode is a service offered free of charge by MasterCard Worldwide that cardholders can use to increase the security of Internet transactions. Enhanced security is accomplished by adding a password to their MasterCard card number.
To activate the service, the cardholder follows the instructions on the SecureCode website www.securecode.com/cumastercard. After successful activation, the cardholder will be asked to provide their card number and password when purchasing items from Internet merchants subscribing to the SecureCode service.
The SecureCode service provides a number of benefits to the cardholder, the merchant and the card issuer, including:
- The reduction of fraudulent Internet credit card purchases.
- Alleviating cardholder concerns that their card number will be used fraudulently.
- A reduction in the number of fraudulent purchases that must be paid for by the merchant.
- Providing the issuer with a competitive advantage and a reduction of liability for fraudulent Internet activity.
- Cardholders who require assistance registering for the SecureCode service can call their branch.