We provide our communities with quality service from a secure financial base in a professional and caring manner.
Together through life.
Our Guiding Principles
- our members come first
- we are accountable to our members
- profits result from excellent service to members
- we share our success with our members, employees and communities
- our environment is respectful of all
- our employees are committed and well trained
- employee engagement leads to high satisfaction
- we create community value through local knowledge and involvement
In Our Community
Since 1950, East Kootenay Community Credit Union has helped our communities grow by understanding our East Kootenay economy and our passion for lifestyle. We are a financial institution, with a financial planning and insurance division, committed to making the communities we serve better places to live. This commitment goes beyond the volunteer efforts of staff and the worthwhile endeavors we support in our communities. In fact, we take pride in demonstrating to our members that the same kind of caring and dedication that goes into what we do in the community also takes place at the branch level and is at the very heart of our relationship with the members we serve.
Last year, staff, management and the board of directors donated numerous volunteer hours, and EKC contributions to community initiatives totalled over $100,000.