RESP Registered Education Savings Plan

With the help of an RESP, you, as a parent, friend or family member can start putting aside money for a child's post-secondary education. Your contributions can grow surprisingly quickly when you use this special savings account, as the Government of Canada offers the Canada Education Savings Grant and the Canada Learning Bond exclusively to RESP subscribers.

Opening an RESP is not difficult. In fact, it only takes two simple steps:

  • apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • make an appointment at EKC

Upon enrolling in a qualifying educational program a course of study that lasts at least three consecutive weeks, with a minimum of 10 hours of instruction or work per week - the child named in your plan will become eligible to receive payments from the RESP to help cover the costs of education after high school. Find out more about using your RESP and Educational Assistance Payments (EAPs).

Mutual funds, other securities and securities related financial planning services are offered through Qtrade Advisor, a division of Credential Qtrade Securities Inc.