Planning and Advice
- Canadian Business Owner Strategy
- Be Remarkable
- Credit Unions Outperform Banks in Serving Smaller Businesses (Vancouver Sun)
- In Canada, CUs Outperform Banks On Small Biz Needs (cuna.org)
- Help With Your Business Plan (PDF 972 kb)
- Small Business BC
- Small Business Accelerator
- Canada’s Credit Unions
- Enhancing Your Business
A record number of business owners are planning for retirement and a crucial part of that plan is getting the right farm team in place. You’ve spent your business career building your enterprise so now it’s time to make sure you hire the right people to continue on your legacy.
Join us for this exclusive webinar hosted by Rick Spence as he leads a panel of experts in a discussion on how to best hire for success and succession. We are pleased to have a cross-Canada perspective featuring three top hiring experts.
- Recruiter, Greg Longster, Managing Principal, Davies Park in Vancouver
- Business owner, George Brookman, CEO of West Canadian Industries Group in Calgary
- HR Consultant, Stephanie Phelps, Human Capital Business Partner, SJP Consulting and Coaching in Toronto
This is your opportunity to gain insight and learn from the best when it comes to increasing bench strength in your organization. Hiring for succession, finding out the importance of attitude versus skill, learning recruitment techniques, getting tips on successful staff transitions and where you can find talent will be covered.
To grow your business you need to constantly re-examine your short and long-term goals and be prepared to make the changes necessary to expand your business. From understanding who your customer is, who else they may be and positioning yourself there are challenges and rewards!
Like many people in the East Kootenay volunteering is a way of life. You may find you might want to consider starting a non-profit organization. In many ways, non-profits are similar to for-profit businesses. You'll still need careful planning and clear objectives if you hope to succeed. The people you hope to help with your new venture may be depending on your success.
We understand how important it is to support our communities, so let us help you understand the unique position of the non-profit in today's business world.