Becoming a Member
At EKC being a member means more than having an account…
We are part of the community you love; decisions are made locally, operated democratically and owned by our members (you our customers), we offer patronage rewards when business is good, we support our communities and most of all we care. From your first piggy bank to celebrating your retirement we will help you prepare for every stage, 'together through life'.
- Together through life At EKC we make sure you’re ready for each stage of your life with products and services that help you achieve your goals. Anyone can join a credit union — 1 in 3 British Columbians already have!
- You’re our bottom line You own us, not the other way around. EKC leads other financial institutions by sharing profits with our members and our communities via patronage rewards, dividends, scholarships and donations.
- More local EKC staff provide 100% of all approvals, including loans and mortgages. This flexibility allows unique products and services based on member needs — just ask any personal or business member. Any member can run for a seat on our local Board of Directors.
- 100% deposit protection All deposits and non-equity shares have protection insurance no matter your account balance.
- Excellent rates and low service charges Enjoy earning patronage rewards on all your accounts. EKC’s unique Community Bond has excellent rates with special redemption features. Loans and mortgages have competitive rates and we offer a special bonus for first time homeowners.
Why switch to EKC?At EKC we put people before profits. You're more important than the size of your wallet. As a member, you share in the ownership of your credit union and you get to enjoy superior service from a financial institution that contributes to the local community.
Watch our Videos
- What is a Credit Union?
- What can a Credit Union do for me?
- What can a Credit Union do for my community?
EKC staff will contact you.
Cranbrook 250.426.6666 or Toll Free 866.960.6666
Elkford 250.865.4661 or Toll Free 800.313.2201
Fernie 250.423.9222 or Toll Free 866.423.9222
Sparwood 250.910.9222 or Toll Free 1.855.222.5788