Becoming a Member
Learn more about being a member at EKC
The links below provide more information about EKC Personal and Business membership.
- Together through life At EKC we make sure you’re ready for each stage of your life with products and services that help you achieve your goals. Anyone can join a credit union — 1 in 3 British Columbians already have!
- You’re our bottom line You own us, not the other way around. EKC leads other financial institutions by sharing profits with our members and our communities via patronage rewards, dividends, scholarships and donations.
- More local EKC staff provide 100% of all approvals, including loans and mortgages. This flexibility allows unique products and services based on member needs — just ask any personal or business member. Any member can run for a seat on our local Board of Directors.
- 100% deposit protection At EKC, depositors are 100% protected* by the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation of British Columbia.
- Excellent rates and low service charges Enjoy earning patronage rewards on all your accounts. EKC’s unique Community Bond has excellent rates with special redemption features. Loans and mortgages have competitive rates and we offer a special bonus for first time homeowners.
Why switch to EKC?At EKC we put people before profits. You're more important than the size of your wallet. As a member, you share in the ownership of your credit union and you get to enjoy superior service from a financial institution that contributes to the local community.
Watch our Videos
- What is a Credit Union?
- What can a Credit Union do for me?
- What can a Credit Union do for my community?
EKC staff will contact you.
Cranbrook 250.426.6666 or Toll Free 866.960.6666
Elkford 250.865.4661 or Toll Free 800.313.2201
Fernie 250.423.9222 or Toll Free 866.423.9222
Sparwood 250.910.9222 or Toll Free 1.855.222.5788
*B.C. Credit Union Deposits are 100% guaranteed by the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation of British Columbia.